A different point of view

This is an interesting incident of how an email helped me in my life.

My kid is 6 years old. She loves to watch cartoon on TV and does so for many hours a day. Since last many months, she started going nearer and nearer to the TV to watch. We used to tell her in the beginning. Then we used to get angry. But to no avail. She continued with her ways.

I got an email a few days ago. One of the many forwards we receive. It showed an image of a frog. But after some time, the image turned on its head to show the image of a horse. The mail said that what we see depends on the way we look at anything. I read it and forgot about the message. While fwding it to other friends, I suddenly remembered my kid's problem with TV viewing. I was getting angry at her, without looking at the problem from her side. I immediately got up, took one of the mailers from ICICI and put it near the TV and asked her to read one of the words in large font - it said 'open now'. She could not read it ! I asked her to read it from different distances. She was only able to read it from near. Eureka !!! I discovered that she had short-sight all these days. But the poor kid had no way of knowing it. And we were too wrapped up in ourselves, to think of the problem from her side.

Already feeling guilty of being blind (no pun intended) to the problem for so long, I immediately too her to my optician, who checked and confirmed what I had discovered. And within a day, my small kid had glasses to correct her problem. And she has surprisingly taken like a duck to water. And even overcome all ridicule at school. I am so proud of little angel.

Comments

good Lesson for many Fathers!!!
Yes buddy - sometimes, no in fact, most of the time we are caught up in our own problems that we tend to overlook these things.

But it's great that you got the problem and even better that your kiddo has taken to the specs. generally we do not expect that but then kids have this special ability to surprise everyone with their ability.

Cheers

Popular posts from this blog

Permionics Water Purifier - A good customer experience

Sharma travels - new Merc bus