Rediscovering friends

Sometimes it happens that we get to know someone and form a mental picture of them, based on the first few interactions - something like 'first impressions being last impressions'. And if the picture we have built up is not up our alley (some call it 'my kinda person'), we tend to drift apart. But I just realised lately that the picture that we carry in our minds for years on end might not reflect the person that the person is now. People can change ! And how !!!

I just rediscovered a friend all over again. And I am so glad I did.

I am revisiting a lot of my friends, dusting up the phone book for old friends who I have lost touch with. Like I recently got the number of a friend when I met his uncle and called him up after 15 years. He was so moved that I took the effort to trace him after so many years, that by the end of the call (which lasted more than half an hour), he was close to tears. And yes, in this case also, I had discoverd that he too had changed a lot. He used to be this guy who was never serious and he could cause a laugh riot with his witty one liners. Now, 15 years hence, he was talking so maturely and was dead serious about his job and life in general - I was taken aback by the transformation. Of course, he is married now and has two kids - that might explain the transformation, I reasoned.

Have I changed over the years? Dont know. But this 'rediscovering friends' phase is turning out to be more fun and interesting as it grows.

Comments

Indira said…
I am so glad that you took all the trouble....hope you rediscover many more people...for all you know, you could change their lives for the better.
True!!! I have experienced this too...but never could ink down so precisely! Thanks pravin...u just took words from my mouth!!!!
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular posts from this blog

Permionics Water Purifier - A good customer experience

A different point of view

Sharma travels - new Merc bus